Is your credit in such bad shape you’ve not a clue where you can even start. Credit problems can be a drain on yourself even and personally spillover to the relationships of yours with family and friends. I want to share with you 10 super easy tips on easy methods to get your credit score up, up, up.
1. First things first you have to understand what the report of yours is like is and to ensure that there are actually no errors on your report. You can obtain the credit report of yours for free on the web or even for a small charge. You will not get your actual score but you are going to be in the position to see the report of yours and identify if there can be any errors.
2. Check for errors. You can find huge amounts of people on this earth and it’s entirely likely that your report has picked up some or perhaps all of another persons bad credit. You’ll next have to take prompt action and follow up with the agencies with a letter. This’s a simple process when you realize just what they’re trying to find.
3. Pay off any and all delinquent accounts found on your report. Start with most recent items and work your way backwards. The new derogatory items have a larger influence on your score and you are going to get more bang for the buck of yours by attacking the newest items first.
4. Do not cancel out the old credit cards! This is the first step most uninformed consumers take and this has the actual opposite effect than what you are looking for. Pay off the balance and let the card sit in your sock drawer but do not stop your card. In the eyes of the credit agencies they want to see a great deal of credit history.
5. Pay the bills of yours on time! This’s not a secret but it is one of the foremost tips out there. You need to place an importance on paying your bills on time. If you are set on raising your credit score (and is not it about time you got serious) you need to produce a commitment to pay all bills on time starting now!
6. Online Banking: I haven’t wrote a check in years. A couple clicks of the mouse and my mortgage is paid, credit card balance is paid in full, etc… Most banks have this set up for customers for FREE. You must make use of this feature. You can also set up reoccurring payments to pay your mortgage on time without even realizing it.
7. Pay down credit repair to 30 % of the max limit on the card. The credit agencies look to find out how much you have borrowed against a particular card and if you are getting close to the max it sends off red flags and hurts your score.
8. Don’t open a new credit. Each time you open credit your a hit is taken by report (an inquiry) and too many of these inquiries are able to damage your score. If you are seriously interested in getting your score above 700 you have to take a break from opening new accounts and focus on cleaning up what you have.
9. Live below your means! You won’t ever break the debt cycle until you get serious with yourself as well as say this’s what I can afford to pay for and this is something I am going to have to head out for a pass on. Do not take care of the Jones’s, with gas at more than four dolars per gallon that SUV your neighbor was bragging about seems some silly right now does not it.
10. This’s a repeat as it’s very important. Pay your bills on time. All of them. Draw the line in the sand and declare to the universe that I (your name here) am a responsible individual who pays the bills of mine on time and I should have a wonderful credit score.
Take action on any one of these tips and you are guaranteed to notice an improvement in your score. You want a weight loss plan and right now you have one therefore get to work. A plan + action = Results.